Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Ow de bodi? IM HERE!!!! CHEGUEI!!!! (escrevo em portugues depois!!)

Hey everyone!

I've arrived...getting settled...suffering a bit because of the heat and trying to get my barings... People have been very hospitable and Tommy has been great to me. Sierra Leoneans look curiously at me in the street and children approach smiling and asking questions about where Im from and then of course about fotball. I will write more later but here are some pictures so you get a visual of what Ive seen and done!!! For now I can only say that being here is an incredible adventure and Im looking forward to every single minute of it...

...My first sight of Sierra Leonean lands...








In the helicopter...




EFA and the guesthouse (and my room!)









I wrote this last night:

Giovi is in Sierra Leone... she's ridden a helicopter (so cool!) and already tasted some of the hot hot food...

I arrived terrified at Freetowns Lungi Airport and was met by Tommy's cousin that works at customs... One of my bags was lost... The big backpack :-( ...but the other one where i had some clothes and all my books is safe... i have mosquitoe protection and the malarone, so it will be ok... hopefully the bag will appear during the week... its strange that one arrives and the other one not, but we'll see, im not too worried, its a hassle, but its allright, right? Im alive and healthy, I mean Im good!

Its 26 degrees out, a beautiful full moon, and im in Lakka at the EFA compound...I got picked up at the heliport by Tommy who took me to the supermarket and then we went to visit his sister, but ended up only meeting her children and eating some rice with fish cooked in hot sauce and palm oil... Then when Tommy noticed I was getting worried about the nightfall and mosquitoes coming, we headed for EFA... the guesthouse is very nice...a double bed with mosquitoe net included, a table and chair, a small waredrobe and a bathroom for myself outside the room... My backpack is lost, which is totally allright given that Im safe and good... in my backpack i lost the voice recorder, the flashlights, my pharmacy etc... it sucks so i really really hope i get the bag soon!!! My mobile is not working, so i will fix a sierra leonean simkort tomorrow (I got it today!!) so I can sms and keep in touch (My number is +232 76 426935)...So yeah... Im sweaty but good. Or how we´d say here "Bodi fine!"

I will write more and better later... the power is about to go off and the internet with it....

Ciao!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kisses från Boodles!